Applicants who are outside Macao can lodge the application by post.
(Attention: This bureau will issue the travel document only after successful verification of the applicant’s identity)
- Access the “Postal Application Service” system of DSI to obtain an application number and print out an application slip;
- Mail “Part 2” of the application slip and the “Required documents” mentioned below to DSI. (Mailing address: Macau Postal Box No. 1089);
- After receiving the required documents, DSI will update the application progress in the “Postal Application Service” system. Applicants should check their application status in the system from time to time.
- When the application status changes to “Please pay for the application”, applicants can pay the fee to complete their application.
- A duly completed application form. Applicants can download the application form from the “Postal Application Service” system of DSI or request DSI to send the application form by post or obtain the application form by a representative in Macao. (Please see Application form filled sample);
- Photocopy of Macao SAR Permanent Resident Identity Card or Macao SAR Non-permanent Resident Identity Card;
- One photograph taken from photography studio within the last 6 months which meets the specific requirements: color, bareheaded and full-faced photograph in plain white background, with the size of 1.5 inches (Photograph Specifications);
- A clear set of the applicant’s ten fingerprint impression (see Fingerprint Form);
- The former Visit Permit to HKSAR, in case of renewal (Applicants can renew travel documents which will expire in less than 9 months or have expired);
- Loss report is required if the applicant cannot provide the former Visit Permit to HKSAR;
- If applicants are under the age of 18, both parents, the person executing parental right or guardianship by law have to submit their photocopy of identification documents and sign the application form;
- A duly completed authorization form is required if the applicant needs to authorize another person to lodge the application or collect the travel document on his/her behalf.
Fees: Application fee + Postage
1. Application fee
Normal (surface/air registered mail with advice of delivery): According to the postage charged by the Macao Post and Telecommunications Bureau (the amount is subject to the destination and weight of the documents).
Express: According to the postage rate of the express courier company (the preliminary estimated amount is based on the destination and the weight of the parcel. The express courier may charge the applicant the difference in postage according to the actual delivery situation).
※ Attention: To avoid loss in delivery, DSI only sends the travel document by express delivery or surface/air registered mail with advice of delivery. Travel documents will not be sent by ordinary surface/air mail.
Means of payment:
1. Online payment:
Pay by credit card in the “Postal Application Service” system.
2. By an authorized person in Macao:
The applicant can submit an authorization to authorize a person in Macao to pay the fee in cash in person at this Bureau.
- Payment for postal application can only be made by the above-mentioned methods.
- In case of having made a payment to the Macao Special Administrative Region Government mistakenly due to system failure or other special conditions, the person concerned should contact the Identification Services Bureau (DSI) immediately. DSI will return the relevant amount to the person concerned.
- If the applicant wants to cancel the application and have the refund of the application fee after completing the transaction online, he/she has to make a written request to DSI for the refund.
Date of Collection:
5 working days.
(The collection date is counted from the day after DSI has received all required documents. Delivery time is not included. DSI can adjust the expected collection date.)