1. How to apply for the Macao SAR Electronic Travel Permit if the applicant is in other countries or regions?
(1) Applicants being in other countries or regions can obtain application forms either from DSI by post, or through the local diplomatic and consular missions of the People's Republic of China (PRC) in foreign countries, or other Chinese Authorities in foreign countries under the entrustment of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the PRC. After having duly completed and signed the form, the applicant must send it back to DSI together with the following documents to Macao P. O. Box 1089, for applicants over the age of 5, a clear set of ten fingerprints should be enclosed with the application (see Fingerprint Form):
- Photocopy of Macao SAR Resident Identity Card, or photocopy of valid Macao Resident Identity Card (BIR) before the official issuance of Macao SAR Resident Identity Card;
- Two recent 1.5-inch color photographs with a WHITE background, which should be taken full face and without a hat;
- Any supporting documents that can prove that the applicant cannot apply in person, such as school or employer's testimonial;
- Former Macao SAR (Electronic) Travel Permit, in case of renewal;
- An official police report-lost slip – for applicants who cannot submit the former Macao SAR (Electronic) Travel Permit;
- Photocopies of both parents' / the legal guardian's identification documents and both parents / the legal guardian should sign the application form - for applicants under the age of 18.
(2) Fees (a+b+c+d)
The applicant should submit a local bank draft payable to or “Direccao dos Servicos de Identificacao”.
- Normal: MOP 250.00
- Urgent: An additional fee of MOP 150.00 is charged
b) Bank Charges
An additional charge is requested since banks in Macao impose a bank commission for accepting foreign bank drafts:
- USD bank draft: drawn in USA, MOP 200.00
- HKD bank draft:
Drawn in Macao: no service charge
Drawn in Hong Kong: MOP 40.00
Other forms of payment like Money Order and Cashier Order will NOT be accepted.
c) Postage Charges
An additional charge of MOP 40.00 (Air Registered Mail) is needed.
If the applicant wants DSI to send the Electronic Travel Permit by courier, an additional charge for EMS (express mail service) offered by Macao Post Office is requested. Please contact Macao Post Office at (853) 2857 4491 for details.
Where EMS Service is not available, the applicant can contact other express service companies, such as DHL, Federal Express, etc. for information of fees, such fee is added to the amount in the bank draft.
d) Additional fees (if applicable)
If the applicant cannot submit the former (Electronic) travel document because it is lost, damaged, defaced or is not available, an extra charge will be imposed as below:
- First time: an additional fee of MOP 150.00;
- Second time: an additional fee of MOP 300.00;
- Third time: an additional fee of MOP 600.00;
- Fourth time: an additional fee of MOP 1,200.00;
- Fifth time or above: an additional fee of MOP 2,400.00.
2. How far in advance can the applicants apply for the renewal of their Macao SAR travel document before the document expires?
Holders of Macao SAR travel document can apply for the renewal of their document nine months prior to the expiry date. In case the applicants need to replace their travel document prior to the above-mentioned period due to certain special reasons, they can make a request to this bureau by letter and provide detailed information (e.g. document number, name, date of birth and so on) and supporting reasons. A reply will be made in letter to applicants by this bureau.
3. If the applicant is under 18 years old, what can he/she do if his/her parents are unmarried, separated with separate property, divorced or one of his/her parents is unable to sign on the application form due to certain reasons (e.g. missing).
Under the above-mentioned circumstances, if a parent is unable to sign on the application form for he/her child, another parent must provide the documentary proof of his/her parental right in order to make the application for the underage child.
4. If the applicant is under 18 years sold, his/her parents are required to sign on the application form. What can be done if a parent is unable to sign on the application form at the Identification Services Bureau in person due to the reason of work or absence from Macao?
If one of the parents is unable to apply for the travel document for his/her child in person, he/she can:
- duly complete and sign on the application form which is available at the Service Counter of the Identification Services Bureau prior to the application. After that, another parent can lodge the application at this Bureau in person with his/her child.
- duly complete the “Authorization for Travel Document Application” to authorize another parent to lodge the application at this Bureau in person with their child.
5. Application Form Specimen
Last Updated: 2015/03/06