1. How far in advance can the applicants apply for the renewal of their Macao SAR travel document before the document expires?
Holders of Macao SAR travel document can apply for the renewal of their document nine months prior to the expiry date. In case the applicants need to replace their travel document prior to the above-mentioned period due to certain special reasons, they can make a request to this bureau by letter and provide detailed information (e.g. document number, name, date of birth and so on) and supporting reasons. A reply will be made in letter to applicants by this bureau.
2.If the applicant is under 18 years old, what can he/she do if his/her parents are unmarried, separated with separate property, divorced or one of his/her parents is unable to sign on the application form due to certain reasons (e.g. missing).
Under the above-mentioned circumstances, if a parent is unable to sign on the application form for he/her child, another parent must provide the documentary proof of his/her parental right in order to make the application for the underage child.
3. If the applicant has the Portuguese passport,
can he at the same time apply for the Macau SAR Passport ?
According to the "Chinese Nationality Law" and the Explanations of some questions by the Standing Committee of the PRC National People's Congress concerning the implementation of the Nationality Law in the Macao SAR, any Macao SAR permanent residents of the Chinese nationality can apply for the Macao SAR Passport and at the same time, possess the Portuguese Passport as travel document.
4. If the applicant is under 18 years old, his/her parents are required to sign on the application form. What can be done if a parent is unable to sign on the application form at the Identification Services Bureau in person due to the reason of work or absence from Macao?
If one of the parents is unable to apply for the travel document for his/her child in person, he/she can:
1) duly complete and sign on the application form which is available at the Identification Services Bureau prior to the application. After that, another parent can lodge the application at this Bureau in person with his/her child.
2) duly complete the “Authorization for Travel Document Application” to authorize another parent to lodge the application at this Bureau in person with their child.
5. Application Form Specimen
【back to top】